Signs and Symptoms of a Cyber-bullied Child
The warning signs of cyber bullying are similar to those for traditional bullying in terms of emotional effects; however, there are some differences.
For example, a bruise or torn clothing is not expected as a sign that a child is being cyber bullied, but it is also important to keep in mind that some children who are cyber bullied may also be experiencing traditional bullying at school.
A child may be experiencing cyber-bullying if he or she:
- appears sad, moody, or anxious
- avoids school
- withdraws from or shows a lack of interest in social activities
- experiences a drop in grades or decline in academic performance
- appears upset after using the computer or being online
- appears upset after viewing a text message on a cell phone